Hawk Technology Overview
The Hawk is a cutting-edge IoT data logger and sensor hub tailored for the cellular LTE-M/NB-IoT networks, ensuring seamless integration with a diverse range of sensors.
1. Core Features:
- LTE-M / NB-IoT Ready: Reliable connectivity over cellular networks.
- Ultra-Low Power Design: Maximized battery life, ideal for remote operations.
- Over-the-Air (OTA): Effortless remote device configuration, management, and firmware updates.
- Secure Data Transmission: Send data via TCP Direct or HTTPS Webhook to any platform.
- Flexible I/O Card Architecture: Allows for plug-in cards that define 9 inputs/outputs, compatible with an array of sensors, including (but not limited to) SDI-12, I²C, 1-Wire, iButton, and 4-20mA.
2. Customisation Steps:
- Choose Your Sensors: The Hawk supports an array of sensors, providing unmatched versatility.
- Select Power Source: Options range from a sizable internal LiPo battery, external power sources including solar, to 2 x D Cell LTC batteries.
- Pick Your Housing: Opt for ultra-rugged Hawk housing or customize your own.
- Determine Your Endpoint: Ensure data is sent securely to the desired platform.
3. Key Applications:
- Environmental Monitoring: Gauge temperature, humidity, soil quality, air/water quality, and even maintain weather stations.
- Resource Management: Monitor water levels, tank quality, and sewer levels, including storm and flood water management.
- Equipment & Wildlife Management: From pulse counting and remote pump management to wildlife tracking.
4. Meet the Hawk PCB:
- The foundation of your IoT solution, the Hawk PCB boasts features like:
- Cellular LTE-M and NB-IoT connectivity.
- Onboard GPS Location and optional external cellular antenna for maximum range.
- Inbuilt LiPo battery charger with selectable charge rate and onboard data storage.
- Advanced task management, including sensor thresholds and event-based task triggers.
5. Future Outlook:
- Satellite version for IoT in the pipeline.
- Onboard accelerometer planned for tamper detection in future firmware releases.