LIGHT, COMPACT AND POWERFUL
Oyster3 is a light, rugged and powerful asset tracker with Over 10+ years of battery life on user-replaceable 3 x AA Lithium or Lithium Thionyl Chloride (LTC) batteries for extreme temperature operation
It boasts a lot of features such as –
- GPS and GLONASS position systems for high precision tracking.
- IP67 rated means that the device can withstand extreme conditions.
- Battery life tracking means that you can plan ahead and manage your batteries better.
- Configure the device to match your reporting needs (1 x, 3 x, 5 x a day …)
- Adaptive tracking movement based tracking – tracks assets throughout the day and/or when movement occurs
- Impact detection provides alerts whenever the impact crosses the user-defined G-Force level.
- Run Hour Monitoring to understand and optimise asset usage.
- Create custom geofences with speed zones to track assets.
For further information, please feel free to contact us to discuss your individual needs.
- LTE-M / NB-IoT – Nordic nRF9160 Modem operates on all major global LTE-M and NB-IoT bands.
Supported LTE bands:
LTE-M (Cat-M1): B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66
NB-IoT (Cat-NB1/NB2): B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B17, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66
(supports roaming between networks -roaming SIM required)
- SIM Size & Access – Internal Nano 4FF SIM
- User-Replaceable Batteries – 3 x AA
- Supported Battery Types:
*LithiumThionyl Chloride (LTC)
*Lithium or LTC recommended for best performance.
Please dispose of Lithium batteries in a safe and responsible manner
- Battery Life
Once Daily location updates – 10+years
Movement-Based location updates – 7 years
Hourly location updates – 3.5 years
- GNSS Module – Sony CXD5605
- Constellation – Concurrent GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS
- Tracking Sensitivity – -147 dBm cold start / -161dBm hot start
- GNSS Assistance – GNSS almanac and ephemeris data for greater sensitivity and position accuracy
- Low Noise Amplifier – GPS signals are filtered and boosted by a SAW filter and low-noise amplifier (LNA) allowing operation where other units fail
- Cell Tower Location – Cell tower location fallback for positioning when GPS can’t get a fix
- Input Voltage – 3.3-16V DC
- Sleep Current – <10uA* *Average current in lowest power configuration
- Safety – Reverse Polarity Protection
Mechanics / Design
- Dimensions – 108 x 86 x 31mm (4.25 x 3.39 x 1.22”)
- Weight – 161g (5.68 oz)
- Housing – Ultra-Rugged IP67 Housing
- IP Rating – IP67 rated housing ensures device can withstand fine dust, high-pressure spray, submersion for 30 mins in 1m of water, and extreme temperatures
- Installation – Compact and concealable. Multiple installation options for covertly and easily securing the device to assets with screws, bolts, cable ties, rivets, and more. Stainless steel screws provided
- Operating Temperature – -30°C to +60°C For operation in extreme temperatures use LTC Batteries
- Cellular Antenna – Internal
- GPS Antenna – Internal
- 3-Axis Accelerometer – 3-Axis Accelerometer to detect movement, high G-force events, and more
- Diagnostic LED – Diagnostic LED indicates operation status
- Flash Memory – Store weeks of records if device is out of cellular coverage. Storage capacity for over 1 month of continuous 30-second logging
- On-Board Speed & Heading – Current speed and heading is reported with each position update
- On-Board Temperature – The device reports internal temperature which provides an indication of ambient temperature but may not always be precise
- Auto-APN – Auto-APN allows the device to analyse the SIM card and select the correct APN details from a list that is pre-loaded in the device’s firmware
- Battery Life Monitoring – ‘Battery Low’ and ‘Battery Critical’ alert levels
- Geofence Alerts – The server can use device location to create geofences and alerts if an asset enters or leaves designated locations
- Geofence Download to Device – Geofences can be downloaded directly to the device fromTelematics Guru for enhanced location-based actions and alerts. Maximum of 500 Geofences with up to 100 points per geofence
- Impact Detection – Configure impact-detection alerts when G-forces are exceeded by a user-defined threshold
- Intelligent Power Management – Early registration abort saves power when out of cellular coverage
- Periodic or Movement-Based Tracking – Configure parameters to send updates based on set time intervals or when movement occurs. Adaptive tracking technology detects when the device is on the move and increases the update rate, providing detail when you need it while conserving battery when stationary
- Preventative Maintenance – Set reminders based on distance traveled and run hours to reduce maintenance and repair costs
- Run Hour Monitoring – Capture run hours based on movement to understand and optimise asset utilisation
- Sleep Mode – Stationary devices enter sleep mode until movement occurs to conserve battery life and optimise data usage
- Theft Recovery – Switch to Recovery Mode in the case of theft or loss to activate real-time tracking for asset retrieval
- Tip Detection & Rotation Counting – Axis angle reporting, tip detection and rotation counting (planned)
- Flexible Configuration – Configure device parameters such as position update rate, movement and accelerometer settings, and more to fit any tracking application
- Device Management Platform – Manage, monitor, configure, debug, update, and restart devices remotely from our cloud-based device management system
- Configuration App – Configurable with DMLink provisioning tool
- Third-Party Integration – TCP Direct or HTTPS Webhook
- Data Security – Military-level AES-256 Encryption from device to OEM Server to protect the integrity and confidentiality of telematics data. Data forwarded to third-party systems is sent via HTTPS for end-to-end security
- Manufacturer’s Warranty – Two-year manufacturer’s warranty
Please contact our support team for a full list of compliance specifications and documentation for your region