INDOOR/OUTDOOR TRACKING SOLUTION
Ultra-rugged,Indoor/Outdoor battery- powered asset tracking device and Bluetooth®Gateway.
It boasts a lot of features such as –
- GNSS, Wi-Fi AP MAC address scanning and cell tower location triangulation.
- Cloud- based location solving for over 10+ years of battery life.
- IP67 rated means that the device can withstand extreme conditions.
- Battery life tracking means that you can plan ahead and manage your batteries better.
- Deploy Once battery life, with over 10+ years battery life on only 3 x AA user replaceable batteries.
- Configure the device to match your reporting needs (1 x, 3 x, 5 x a day …)
- Adaptive tracking movement based tracking – tracks assets throughout the day and/or when movement occurs
- Impact detection provides alerts whenever the impact crosses the user-defined G-Force level.
- Run Hour Monitoring to understand and optimise asset usage.
- Create custom geofences with speed zones to track assets.
For further information, please feel free to contact us to discuss your individual needs.
- LTE-M / NB-IoT – Nordic nRF9160 Modem operates on all major global LTE-M and NB-IoT bands.
Supported LTE bands:
LTE-M (Cat-M1): B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66
NB-IoT (Cat-NB1/NB2): B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B17, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66
(supports roaming between networks -roaming SIM required)
- Bluetooth Gateway – Bluetooth 5.2 gateway reports nearby Bluetooth tags and sensors for affordable tagged asset management and sensor monitoring. Also supports beaconing.
- SIM Size & Access – Internal Nano 4FF SIM
- User-Replaceable Batteries – 3 x AA
- Supported Battery Types:
*Lithium Li Fe S2 (recommended for best performance)
- Battery Life
Once Daily location updates – 10+years
Movement-Based location updates – 7 years
Hourly location updates – 4.5 years
- Chipset – Semtech LR1110
- Constellation – Concurrent GPS/BeiDou
- Tracking Sensitivity – -134 dBm autonomous/ -141dBm aided
- GNSS Assistance – GNSS almanac data for greater sensitivity and position accuracy
- Low Noise Amplifier – GPS signals are filtered and boosted by a SAW filter and low-noise amplifier (LNA) allowing operation where other units fail
- Cell Tower Location – Cell tower location fallback for positioning when there is no GNSS or Wi-Fi signal
- Wi-Fi Positioning – Indoor asset location using Wi-Fi access point scanning (device does not connect to Wi-Fi)
- Input Voltage – 3-5.5V DC
- Sleep Current – <10uA* *Average current in lowest power configuration
Mechanics / Design
- Dimensions – 108 x 86 x 31mm (4.25 x 3.39 x 1.22”)
- Weight – 157g (5.5 oz)
- Housing – Ultra-Rugged IP67 Housing
- IP Rating – IP67 rated housing ensures device can withstand fine dust, high-pressure spray, submersion for 30 mins in 1m of water, and extreme temperatures
- Installation – Compact and concealable. Multiple installation options for covertly and easily securing the device to assets with screws, bolts, cable ties, rivets, and more. Stainless steel screws provided
- Operating Temperature – -30°C to +60°C For operation in extreme temperatures use LTC Batteries
- Cellular Antenna – Internal
- GPS Antenna – Internal
- Wi-Fi Antenna – Internal
- 3-Axis Accelerometer – 3-Axis Accelerometer to detect movement, high G-force events, and more
- Diagnostic LED – Diagnostic LED indicates operation status
- Flash Memory – Stores records if device is out of cellular coverage. Storage capacity for over 10 days of 2-minute logging.
- Speed & Heading – Scanning technology used on the Oyster Edge does not return speed and heading
- Temperature – The device reports internal temperature which provides an indication of ambient temperature but may not always be precise
- Auto-APN – Auto-APN allows the device to analyse the SIM card and select the correct APN details from a list that is pre-loaded in the device’s firmware
- Battery Life Monitoring – ‘Battery Low’ and ‘Battery Critical’ alert levels
- Geofence Alerts – The server can use device location to create geofences and alerts if an asset enters or leaves designated locations
- Impact Detection – Configure impact-detection alerts when G-forces are exceeded by a user-defined threshold
- Intelligent Power Management – Early registration abort and location scan throttling options
- Periodic or Movement-Based Tracking – Configure parameters to send updates based on set time intervals or when movement occurs. Adaptive tracking technology detects when the device is on the move and increases the update rate, providing detail when you need it while conserving battery when stationary.
- Preventative Maintenance – Set reminders based on distance traveled and run hours to reduce maintenance and repair costs
- Run Hour Monitoring – Capture run hours based on movement to understand and optimise asset utilisation
- Sleep Mode – Stationary devices enter sleep mode until movement occurs to conserve battery life and optimise data usage
- Theft Recovery – Switch to Recovery Mode in the case of theft or loss to activate real-time tracking for asset retrieval
- Tip Detection & Rotation Counting – Axis angle reporting, tip detection and rotation counting (planned)
- Flexible Configuration – Configure device parameters such as position update rate, movement and accelerometer settings, and more to fit any tracking application
- Device Management Platform – Manage, monitor, configure, debug, update, and restart devices remotely from our cloud-based device management system
- Third-Party Integration – TCP Direct or HTTPS Webhook
- Cloud-Based Solver – Location Engine makes it easy to perform cloud based position solving and integrate data into any system
- Configuration App – Configurable with DM Link Provisioning tool
- Data Security – Military-level AES-256 Encryption from device to OEM Server to protect the integrity and confidentiality of telematics data. Data forwarded to third-party systems is sent via HTTPS for end-to-end security
- Manufacturer’s Warranty – Two-year manufacturer’s warranty
Please contact our support team for a full list of compliance specifications and documentation for your region