YABBY EDGE CELLULAR
SMALL AND STRONG FOR OUTDOOR TRACKING
Yabby edge cellular is a small, long-lasting and strong asset tracker with the ability to track both outside and inside thanks to its ability to use multiple positioning methods.
- GPS and BeiDou position systems for high precision tracking.
- Indoor asset location using WiFi access point scanning.
- Cell tower fallback for positioning when there is no GNSS or WiFi signal.
- IP67 rated housing ensures device can withstand fine dust, high-pressure spray, submersion for 30 mins in 1m of water, and extreme temperatures
- Up to 10 years of battery life at once-daily position updates, 2 years battery life at once-hourly position updates. Enable intelligent movement-based tracking for longer battery life.
- Fully configurable reporting to match your reporting needs (1x, 3x, 5x a day …).
- Switch to Recovery Mode in the case of theft or loss to activate real-time tracking for asset retrieval.
- Impact detection to provide alerts whenever the impact crosses the user-defined G-Force level.
- Capture run hours based on movement to understand and optimise asset utilisation.
- Custom geofencing with speed zones to track assets.
- LTE-M / NB-IoT – (supports roaming between networks – roaming SIM required)
- Nordic nRF9160 Modem operates on all major global LTE-M and NB-IoT bands.
- Supported LTE bands –
LTE-M (Cat-M1): B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66
NB-IoT (Cat-NB1/NB2): B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B17, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66
- SIM Size & Access – Internal Nano 4FF SIM
- User-Replaceable Batteries – 3 x AAA
- Supported Battery Types – Alkaline & Lithium (LiFeS2) – Lithium recommended for best performance
- Battery Life –
Once Daily location updates – 10+ years
Movement-Based location updates – 4 years
Hourly location updates – 2 years
- Chipset -Semtech LR1110
- Constellation – Concurrent GPS and BeiDou
- Cloud-Based Solver – Asset location is calculated in Digital Matter’s Location Engine
- Tracking Sensitivity – -134 dBm autonomous / -141 dBm aided
- GNSS Assistance – GNSS almanac data for greater sensitivity and position accuracy
- Low Noise Amplifier – GPS signals are filtered and boosted by a SAW filter and low-noise amplifier (LNA) allowing operation where other units fail
- Cell Tower Location – Cell tower fallback for positioning when there is no GNSS or Wi-Fi signal
- Wi-Fi Positioning – Indoor asset location using Wi-Fi access point scanning (device does not connect to Wi-Fi)
- Input Voltage – 3-5.5V DC
- Sleep Current – <10uA*
*Average current in lowest power configuration
Mechanics / Design
- Dimensions –
Standard – 85 x 63 x 24 mm (3.35 x 2.48 x .94”)
Livestock Collar – 109 x 60 x 30 (4.29 x 2.36 x 1.18”)
Snap Housing (Smallest Size, not IP67 rated) – 75 x 45 x 25 mm (2.95 x 1.77 x 0.98”)
- Weight – Standard – 82 g (2.9 oz)
- Housing – Ultra-Rugged IP67 Housing. Non-branded housing for optional white-labelling
- IP Rating -IP67 rated housing ensures device can withstand fine dust, high-pressure spray, submersion for 30 mins in 1m of water, and extreme temperatures
- Installation – Compact and concealable. Multiple installation options for covertly and easily securing the device to assets with screws, bolts, cable ties, rivets, and more. Collar housing available for securing device to livestock
- Operating Temperature – -30°C to +60°C – for operation in extreme temperatures use Lithium Batteries
- Cellular Antenna – Internal
- GPS Antenna – Internal
- Wi-Fi Antenna – Internal
- 3-Axis Accelerometer – 3-Axis Accelerometer to detect movement, high G-force events, and more
- Diagnostic LED – Diagnostic LED indicates operation status
- Flash Memory – Store weeks of records if device is out of cellular coverage. Storage capacity for over 5 days of continuous 30-second logging
- Speed and Heading – Scanning technology used on the Yabby Edge does not return speed and heading
- On-Board Temperature – The device reports internal temperature which provides an indication of ambient temperature but may not always be precise
- Auto-APN – Auto-APN allows the device to analyse the SIM card and select the correct APN details from a list that is pre-loaded in the device’s firmware
- Battery Life Monitoring – “Battery Low” and “Battery Critical” alert levels
- Geofence Alerts – The server can use device location to create geofences and alerts if an asset enters or leaves designated locations
- Impact Detection – Configure impact-detection alerts when G-forces are exceeded by a user-defined threshold
- Intelligent Power Management – Early registration abort and location scan throttling options
- Periodic or Movement-Based Tracking – Configure parameters to send updates based on set time intervals or when movement occurs. Adaptive tracking technology detects when the device is on the move and increases the update rate, providing detail when you need it while conserving battery when stationary
- Preventative Maintenance – Set reminders based on distance traveled and run hours to reduce maintenance and repair costs
- Run Hour Monitoring – Capture run hours based on movement to understand and optimise asset utilisation
- Sleep Mode – Stationary devices enter sleep mode until movement occurs to conserve battery life and optimise data usage
- Theft Recovery – Switch to Recovery Mode in the case of theft or loss to activate real-time tracking for asset retrieval
- Tip Detection & Rotation Counting – Axis angle reporting, tip detection and rotation counting
- Flexible Configuration – Configure device parameters such as position update rate, movement and accelerometer settings, and more to fit any tracking application
- Device Management Platform – Manage, monitor, configure, debug, update, and restart devices remotely from our cloud-based device management system
- Third-Party Integration -HTTPS Webhook
- Cloud-Based Solver – Location Engine makes it easy to perform cloud-based position solving and integrate data into any system
- Configuration App – Configurable with DMLink Provisioning tool
- Data Security – Military-level AES-256 Encryption from device to OEM Server to protect the integrity and confidentiality of telematics data. Data forwarded to third-party systems is sent via HTTPS for end-to-end security
- Manufacturer’s Warranty – Two-year manufacturer’s warranty
Please contact our support team for a full list of compliance specifications and documentation for your region